Thursday, December 4, 2008

a ghost is born

here are pictures from my performance at Shadowdance 2008. i struggled to come up with story to tell for this show. and once i figured out my story, it was still really difficult for me to get in the headspace of my character. but i felt i needed to access this story. due to an event in my life just prior to this show, i was able to redirect my feelings into this piece. feelings of the deepest kind of hurt....anger....helplessness..........pure emptiness........
the night of the performance was particularly difficult for me. i had been pushing up as many walls as i have the ability to hold in the off chance that i could make it up to the stage. i don't remember much of the performance. once it was finished, i didn't have the strength to hold onto my emotions.

i appreciate all the friends who tried to be there for me, even though i just wanted to disappear into thin air. i plan on performing this piece again, because i feel i wasn't able to channel it all correctly. but i must admit it, i'm really tired and i don't want to put myself back in that place on purpose. on some level, i feel the piece deserves another chance because i'm proud of the story i created through my movements.

here are some pictures in chronological order from the piece. these were taken by brad dosland, an amazing photographer in the bay area.












1 comment:

woo said...

these are amazing photos! gorgeous! i can tell the piece was incredible.