Sunday, December 14, 2008

My weekend with NIN

I took a 24 hour trip to Las Vegas on this weekend. I originally had a different set of plans going into this weekend, but despite that it turned out quite great. I had an extra ticket to sell to the NIN concert. I sold it on craigslist to a girl in Vegas. She had never been to a NIN concert before, so she had a great energy. The show was unbelievable!!! The set list was very well thought out. The visuals were amazing!! Trent just keeps setting the bar higher. It sounds like it may be one of the last NIN shows for a while. The line-up will be changing for the last section of the tour and then it sounds like NIN will be going on hiatus for a while.
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=srHz8xRrH4M
I never thought I would be lucky enough to hear Trent talk so much. Once again, the concert was absolutely wonderful.

I spent the rest of the evening hanging out with my friends Mocean and Ryan. We partied in Dave's (Mocean's brother) suite at the hotel. It had incredible views of the city.

This morning I had a late check-out of the hotel. The universe sent me a wonderful birthday present. I ran into Justin Meldal-Johnsen, NIN bassist, and Robin Finck, NIN guitarist!!!!!!! I turned into a bit of a bumbling idiot, but managed to thank them for the show. I can't believe the timing! Seriously what are the chances of running into them!!!

Happy birthday to me. I'm continuing to put out the energy that this year will get better. I have some work, not a ton, but it's at least a steady paycheck. And I have several plans to get some shows together in the coming months.

No comments: