Friday, December 12, 2008

Wicked

There's never enough praise for live theatre, especially when it's an incredible show. I was privileged to see the musical Wicked this evening at the Pantages Theatre. I wend with Nakia, Ross, & Mocean. What a great show!! The cast was unbelievable! The singing!!! I laughed...I cried... We were given a backstage tour by the beautiful Eden Espinosa herself. I miss theatre life! Especially the 'live' aspect. During this evening's show, one particular moment stuck out. During Act 2, Fiyero charged out to save Elphaba and completely slipped on her broom. He didn't hurt himself. The actors couldn't contain themselves. All the actors onstage completely lost control of themselves. It was such a real moment, the audience was with them and it certainly didn't help the actors regain their composure. Absolutely wonderful!

No comments: